Friday, September 17, 2010

Abby Creates


Abby loves to paint. When she was little I would ask her if she wanted to paint---She says, "paint", and walks over to the area where I have laid everything out at and sits right down. Well now that she is a "big" girl of 22 months she is still very much the same. Every day she would paint if she could get the chance and she is very particular about what colors and how much paint she wants.

Some days she will do a 5 minute painting and have tons of white space left. Other days you cannot remove the paint from her hands as she layers coat after coat. When she does this I tend to make monoprints out of her art. Well they actually turn into triple prints because she uses so much paint.

Sheldon and I love to look at her art, as it is so abstract and we can usually see lots of movement in her art. It will be so fun to talk to her about what she has drawn when she is older as now we say--oh here is a "blah" "blah" "blah...and it will be fun to hear her say...no it is something totally different.

One of my favorite things that I do with Abby's art is turn it into cards for family members. I usually cut it into 4ths and sew them to card fronts. I have been thinking about selling some on Etsy as we have so much art and I would love to share it with others.




The above picture of Abby & Daddy painting with some finger paints that grandmamama brought with her on her last visit. I think this was Abby's longest painting session to date and she enjoyed painting on daddy as well. Plus, she was such a mess that at the end we just ended up throwing her in the tub with her clothes and all on. She enjoyed that too as she loves water. Which is probably one of the reasons that blue is one of her favorite colors to paint with right now. However, we are finding that she is using brown more and more. I wonder if she knows that fall is around the corner.

You will also see that Abby didn't want daddy to feel left out of the painting project as she added a little blue paint to his knees.

Have a great day.

Jennie & Crafty Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment